How to follow a drone with Kuka iiwa 7

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Fanus30

How to follow a drone with Kuka iiwa 7

Post by Fanus30 »

Hello;

In my scene i have kuka iiwa 7 and my aim is a drone which has a random path land on to kuka. When the drone starts to fly kuka has to follow the drone in inverse kinematics mode by vision sensors and drone has to land on the platform attached with kuka's last joint. And here my questions;

How to communicate kuka with vision sensors ?
How to move kuka with sensor datas according to drone ?
How to do image processing to vision sensors to recognize the drone ?

Thank You.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How to follow a drone with Kuka iiwa 7

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

your question is very wide and there are many possibilities to achieve this. You should however first takle smaller problems and learn how to handle e.g. inverse kinematics and vision sensors first. The most difficult part is to have the drone recognized by the vision sensor and to compute its relative position. You'll have to use some image processing of some sort. If the drone has a clear color relative to the background, you could use blob detection. Have a look at this demo model that extracts a blob then computes its 3D position.

Cheers

Fanus30

Post by Fanus30 »

Thank you.

Cheers

yaraJackson12

Post by yaraJackson12 »

Hello...

İ am currently trying to achieve the same purpose with coppeliasim but the link ( at this demo model that extracts a blob then computes its 3D position.) does not exsist anymore.
So is there another resource that explains how to calculate 3D position from the vision sensor/blob detection ? and Can I use the output data with Matlab as an input to the Kuka end effector ?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

have a look at the model Models/components/sensors/Blob to 3D position.ttm: it displays a purple sphere in the scene, which correspond to blobs detected.

Cheers

yaraJackson12

Post by yaraJackson12 »

I am sorry but i do not understand what does this purple sphere do and how It can help me to get the live coordinates of the drone ? how am i supposed to code and control this sphere or vision sensor ? thank you

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Have a look at the script attached to that model: it does exactly what you want: reading out the vision sensor, then computing the position in 3D of the blobs, then displaying those positions in the scene via purple spheres.

Cheers