UR10 and MATLAB: Force Collision Collection

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
codycichosz

UR10 and MATLAB: Force Collision Collection

Post by codycichosz »

Hello,

I am using the Remote API with MATLAB and trying to have a UR10 collide with a standing person (model "Standing Bill.ttm") where I can gather the forces and torques from this collision and plot them. The problem I am having is the force sensor will not read any other value than the value that it begins the scene reading. I have tried making the arm of Bill collidable, and respondable, as well as the gripper I have attached to the UR10 force sensor.

I do have the warning icon for the force sensor when an object cannot be dynamically simulated.

You can find the link to my scene and code here:
https://app.box.com/s/mbgnoz7uxew1om1wsvi2fxgfr50oadu1

If you could help me with this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cody

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: UR10 and MATLAB: Force Collision Collection

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

if there is a warning icon next to your force/torque sensor, this means that it is not dynamically enabled and won't operate. Make sure to understand how to obtain dynamically enabled joints and force sensors.

Also don't forget: the human model is static, and will act as a very rigid obstacle, like a wall.

Cheers

codycichosz

Re: UR10 and MATLAB: Force Collision Collection

Post by codycichosz »

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I dynamically enabled my force sensor by adding a non-static shape as it's child and it works. I am able to read all the torques and forces as the scene plays out.

Thanks,
Cody