Move Gripper to its own coordinate system

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Piorot

Move Gripper to its own coordinate system

Post by Piorot »

Hi,
i want to move a robot gripper by using sim.insertPathCtrlPoints(), sim.followPath().
I know that these functions should no longer be used, but i want to if it is possible.
Everything works well, but now i have the problem that the angles the gripper moves to are in relation to the global coordinate system. Is it possible to change this to its own system in some cases?
Maybe there is a variable for that in sim.insertPathCtrlPoints() or sim.followPath(), but apparently all documentation has been deleted.. i cant find anything to this functions anymore online.
Can you help me please?
Kind regards

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Move Gripper to its own coordinate system

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you can find the documentation that relates to your CoppeliaSim version in your installation folder, in the helpFiles folder.

And yes, we have added a new, better path functionality, that is much more scalable and flexible. And we highly recommend you to look at it. CoppeliaSim V4.2.0 has been released, and you will find there the demo scene scenes/movingAlongAPath.ttt. That scene illustrates the different ways you can move an object along a path.

Cheers

Piorot

Re: Move Gripper to its own coordinate system

Post by Piorot »

Ok, thank you very much for your reply!