remoteApi plugin problem

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Al.mirante

remoteApi plugin problem

Post by Al.mirante »

Hi Coppelia Sim support team,

I have a problem with the latest version released of Coppelia Sim for macOS 10.15 (on macOS 11). When I launch a C++ application from Xcode using remoteApi, the simulation doesn't start automatically and even If I launch it manually the application doesn't start to comunicate with Coppelia Sim. The curious thing is that with the old version off CS 4.01 (rev1) there is no problem.

Thank you !

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: remoteApi plugin problem

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

are you using the legacy remote API? If yes, we shipped the wrong libraries. You can find the updated binaries in the remoteApiBindings github repository. MacOS libs will shortly be updated.

Cheers

Al.mirante

Post by Al.mirante »

Hello Coppelia Sim support team,

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I'm using legacy Remote API. Following your suggestion I substituted remoteApi.dylib in the package content of CoppeliaSim.app (in the exact path position of the wrong one), but it is the same: no incoming connections seems to be establisher with the continuous server running on port 19997.

Thank you.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Please try again. We didn't yet update the MacOS files when you wrote back.

Cheers

Al.mirante

Post by Al.mirante »

Thank you again, but problem remains, I think it should be related to something else. AM

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Is there any error message or crash information?

Cheers

Rufio2790

Post by Rufio2790 »

Dear all,

I've tried today the remoteApiBindings lib for MacOs (it seems they have been updated 5 days ago on github), but the problem persist with the version 4.2 (overriding the old one in the programming folder).
Version 4.1 works fine.

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

In your CoppeliaSim bundle, in coppeliaSim.app/Contents/Resources, there is a file remoteApiConnections.txt. Can you copy that file to coppeliaSim.app/Contents/MacOS and see if that works? (make sure to restart CoppeliaSim).

If not, please try to start a remote API server service inside of a child script instead (simRemoteApi.start) and connect to that one.

Cheers

Rufio2790

Post by Rufio2790 »

As you suggested, I moved the remoteApiConnection.txt from Resources to MacOs, and it worked!
It seems the trick solves the problem without overriding the remoteApi.dylib with the one that can be found on github.

Basically, at least on MacOS, copying the remoteApiConnection.txt to the MacOs folder works for version 4.2.0.
Thanks!

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Thanks for reporting back :)