Issue on attaching two shapes using force sensors

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
zhy149

Issue on attaching two shapes using force sensors

Post by zhy149 »

Hello, I'm having some issues attaching two shapes together using a force sensor.
Basically, I'm replacing the fingertips of the Robotiq85 gripper, I use two thin blocks to attach to the original fingertips. I used a force sensor under the original fingertip and attach the block under the force sensor, but when the simulation started the top block just stays in the air and I don't know why. Is there anything I should configure about the force sensor? Also, I don't know if there is a small distance between the lower fingertip and the lower block.
Please review the 15 seconds video:

I want these two think blocks to behave like they are just the fingertips for future use, is there anything I need to do to achieve the goal?
Sorry that I'm new to Coppelia, thanks in advance!

zhy149

Re: Issue on attaching two shapes using force sensors

Post by zhy149 »

Update: I use two prismatic joints to fix two thin blocks now. When I don't close the gripper everything looks fine. But when I close the gripper, two blocks meet each other or meet some other objects then start shaking. Is there any way to solve the issue? Thanks a lot!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Issue on attaching two shapes using force sensors

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

sorry for the delay,

when using dynamics, make sure that you don't have any interaction with invisible objects. For that always use the toolbar button Visualize and verify dynamic content (during simulation).

The way your construction reacts probably depends a lot on the used physics engine. Try to switch to anther engine and see if you get similar results or improvements. Additionally, try to reduce somewhat the force acting between the two plates, and or adjust also their masses and inertias.

Cheers