MATLAB messing api file called sim.m

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
lokman

MATLAB messing api file called sim.m

Post by lokman »

Hello, My question is about a missing file in the MATLAB API folder (remoteApiBindings\matlab\matlab) called "sim.m" previously called "vrep.m" it's existed for python users sim.py, it's a file that contains some functions in a class.
If you have that file I will be very happy and if not what should I do? try to build an equivalent MATLAB file based on the python code.
Best regards
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SgFLT- ... sp=sharing
Last edited by lokman on 11 May 2021, 18:14, edited 2 times in total.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: MATLAB messing api file called sim.m

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

not sure what file you are talking about. There was never such a file (i.e. vrep.m nor sim.m). What is it supposed to contain or do?

Cheers

lokman

Post by lokman »

Hi again, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding the file I'm talking about exist in the python API folder (remoteApiBindings\python\python) and called "sim.py" previously "vrep.py" I don't know about Matlab I just supposed that it exists also for Matlab users the link to the file is down below.
Sincerely.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SgFLT- ... sp=sharing

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Matlab works differrently. It works with a prototype file (remoteApiProto.m) which describes the available functions in the remote API library, and some wrappers in remApi.m.

Cheers

lokman

Post by lokman »

Thank you so much and thanks to all Coppeliasim team I really respect what you are doing and appreciate it.
I have just one more question about the capabilities of Matlab and if he can do everything that python does. In summary, I'm working on drone path generation using Inverse kinematics. as an expert in Coppelia do you think that I can do it with Matlab? the thing is that I have already written the algorithm in Matlab script and I want to know if it possible to use Matlab before I continue or the deadline approaches
best regards

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Well, you stay very vague with your description. From Matlab you can basically do the same things as from Python, using the remote API.
The remote API (external, asynchronous) in itself does not have as many API functions as the regular API (internal, synchronous/asynchronous), but you can always from an external client call script functions (via simxCallScriptFunction) that can handle regular API functions.

Best is probably to start with the sample file programming/remoteApiBindings/matlab/matlab/simpleTest.m

Cheers