Real world to simulation path

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
kamtah

Real world to simulation path

Post by kamtah »

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to send coordinates to the simulation from an external file (like CSV) and what should be integrated into the file? timestamp and XYZ pos?
Or if it was even possible to connect the simulation live with the real robot?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Real world to simulation path

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

yes, you have many different possibilities to do what you want. For instance by reading a text/csv/binary file.
Of course, you can also open a communication channel with CoppeliaSim and send data back and forth, or execute commands remotely, e.g. from your robot. For that, have a look at the messaging/interface/connectivity section.

Now, the kind of data that you need or provide is entirely up to you. You can send movement data (e.g. move to robot configuration J with a given set of max. velocity, acceleration and jerk (i.e. acceleration derivative)). Or you can send a series of joint configurations, together with a duration information. There is a simple scene that illustrates this with the legacy remote API: scenes/messaging/movementViaRemoteApi.ttt, and check the python scripts in programming/remoteApiBindings/python/

Cheers