Need advice regarding robot model in Coppeliasim

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Luis Nieto

Need advice regarding robot model in Coppeliasim

Post by Luis Nieto »

My group in undergraduate-college thesis is in need of some quick guidance in order for us to move further in the project.

Our project involves a successfully URDF-imported stl model of a bipedal leg-frame which we intend to do experiments on in Coppelia. We just have a problem with trying to figure out how to move revolute joints using the Lua code.

All my group needs is/are the necessary line/s of code to use in order to specifically move a revolute joint in Coppeliasim. What we were hoping we could be able to do is to construct an algorithm for the different joints to move one-after-another at different angles and velocities so as to mimick human motion.

Any assistance at all regarding this towards the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Need advice regarding robot model in Coppeliasim

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

probably the best is to have a look at the demo scene scenes/motorcontrollerExamples.ttt: there you will see the various types of controllers possible, e.g. position control, velocity control, force/torque control, and also custom control, where methods can be mixed.
Once you get a good understanding of what you want to do and how to do it with one joint, it is just a matter of scaling things towards n joints.
Typically, you could use a position control, with an upper velocity limit.
Another relevant demo scene is scenes/trajectoryAndMotion/rmlOnlineTrajectoryGeneratorExamples.ttt. The scene is not using dynamics, but the approach would be similar with dynamically enabled joints.

cheers

Luis Nieto

Post by Luis Nieto »

Hello. Thank you for this. I will look into these sample scenes.

How may I view them? On the web or on Coppelia?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

You'll have to run CoppeliaSim (those demo scenes comes with the installation package)

Cheers

Leila_s

Post by Leila_s »

Hello. I open these scenes in Coppelia from Github but they do not run and they have errors. I am using version 4.3. what is the problem?

Leila_s

Post by Leila_s »

Hi, I'm just learning CoppeliaSim and I have a bipedal project. Do you have a source, tutorial, or useful code that can help me do the same? Unfortunately, I did not find anything useful in the search and my work is very necessary. Please help me if possible.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

what kind of scenes are you talking about? And what errors?

Cheers