How to confirm successful grasp if I use "attach" way

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
wozxfdha

How to confirm successful grasp if I use "attach" way

Post by wozxfdha »

Hi,

I try to grasp objects with RG2, but it always fall down when the gripper lifts them up. Since it is really difficult to set some material parameters of objects, I try to use the following plan: 1. proximity sensor detects objects, 2. attach them to gripper

However, caused by attach, some really poor grasp poses can still grasp objects successfully. I try to double check a successful grasp by other small view proximity sensor and the width of the gripper. But it still doesn't filter out all mistakes.

What should I do?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How to confirm successful grasp if I use "attach" way

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

it will depend on your object and gripper. You can use several sensors, but at the same time, if you know the object you want to grasp, you can also directly measure an orientational error of your object during grasp. e.g. your proximity sensor will detect the object and its approx. distance to the gripper. The proximity sensor can also return the handle of the detected object, including also the detected surface normal vector. From there, you can try to figure out the orientation of your object relative to the gripper.

Cheers