How to hide the robotic arm in the vision sensor

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
sukuanwen

How to hide the robotic arm in the vision sensor

Post by sukuanwen »

hello

I have a question, I built a robotic arm, and then I used the vision sensor to display the image of the block area.

But I don't want my robotic arm to be displayed on the vision sensor's picture.
Like the picture below.
How can I solve this problem?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How to hide the robotic arm in the vision sensor

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

until CoppeliaSim V4.2.0, you can tag any object with a renderable flag. If the flag is on, then the object is visible from vision sensors. You can set that flag in the object common dialog.

However, starting with CoppeliaSim V4.3.0, vision sensors will see almost the same objects as cameras, since many people find it confusing with the renderable flag. This can unfortunately break some scenes (well, the vision sensors might see something different than in V4.2.0 and earlier). Workaround options will be to explicitely handle a vision sensor, and just before calling the sim.handleVisionSensor function, one can show/hide specific objects or models (and revert afterwards).
Another option is to create a collection with all objects, except the ones you do not want your vision sensor to see, and (still with explicit handling on), call sim.checkVisionSensor(visionSensorHandle,collection)

In your situation however, and since your vision sensor is in orthogonal view mode, you can simply place it very close to the floor.

Cheers