IK Group Problems

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Luis Nieto

IK Group Problems

Post by Luis Nieto »

Hello, good Day. I've been trying to make our Poppy legframe preliminarily move its joints using inverse kinematics. Once I get this polished I will move to more advanced experiments. In the meantime, I am having a problem I do not know how to resolve with on IK pairing on the model. Although I am pretty sure I followed the IK-pairing process correctly, the tip-dummy on the foot doesn't meet with its paired target. It's positioned way off along the -y direction therefore the entire leg moves diagonally to the side instead moving straight forward and up where the target is. I wish I could share my images but they're in my google drive.

How may I fix this so that the two dummies can connect like they're supposed to? Thank you.

Luis Nieto

Re: IK Group Problems

Post by Luis Nieto »

Here a photos for context for this problem I have. These photos shows how offset the foot's tip and target are from each other when the simulation is turned on.

Foot when simulation is off:

Foot when simulation is on:

I sincerely hope anyone could guide me on what I should do to remedy my drawback.

Thank you in advance.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: IK Group Problems

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

please post your scene, otherwise it is impossible to say what is going on. But my guess is that your IK constraints are wrong.

Cheers