Macbook Air M1 compatibility and efficiency

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
zhy149

Macbook Air M1 compatibility and efficiency

Post by zhy149 »

Hello, it seems that when I try to start remote api from the server side, the script runs very slow and gets stuck always. Also, it responds very slowly when I stop the simulation. I'm thinking perhaps it's because of an operating system compatibility issue. Can anyone give me some hints on this? I'm on Monterey operating system.
Thanks in advance!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Macbook Air M1 compatibility and efficiency

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

which remote API and what language are you using? If using Python, I highly recommend to use the ZeroMQ-based remote API. Please try with that one and see if the problem persists. Additionally, try to keep CoppeliaSim in the foreground and see if that makes a difference. On macOS there can be glitches linked to that.

Cheers

zhy149

Re: Macbook Air M1 compatibility and efficiency

Post by zhy149 »

coppelia wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 08:26 Hello,

which remote API and what language are you using? If using Python, I highly recommend to use the ZeroMQ-based remote API. Please try with that one and see if the problem persists. Additionally, try to keep CoppeliaSim in the foreground and see if that makes a difference. On macOS there can be glitches linked to that.

Cheers
Hi, I use python yes. I'll try this and let you know if there is any error, thank you!