Collision Detection Model Hexapod

Post by AsadAli »

Is there any model available for collision detection of a hexapod in Vrep

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Collision Detection Model Hexapod

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

what exactly do you mean with collision detection with the hexapod?
There is a collision detection module integrated in V-REP, so you could just use it. But since the hexapod model is dynamic, and shape penetrations tend to be avoided (by the generation of collision response forces), it might not be as trivial to just detect a collision (e.g. with a wall for instance). In that case, you could attach invisible shapes on top of the hexapod, that are slightly bigger than the functional shapes, and just do collision detection between those shapes and the rest of the environment.
Or, of course, simply use proximity sensors attached on top of the hexapod to detect almost collision, or use the minimum distance calculation module.

Cheers

AsadAli

Post by AsadAli »

Hey I need model that can be used in motion planning for checking if we pass the hexapod from here wether it will collide or not.
Collision models like provided by PQP

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Please formulate a more precise question, I am not sure what exactly you mean with PQP and in general what you want to do.

Cheers

AsadAli

Post by AsadAli »

Hey,
PQP is actually packages developed , that can be used in motion planning to check if that particular robot will collide with the obstacle or not without actually moving the robot to the particular coordinate.
This is the link of PQP:
http://gamma.cs.unc.edu/SSV/

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

V-REP offers that functionality through its collision detection module, and through its distance calculation module.

Cheers