Robotic Arm

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
garrott

Robotic Arm

Post by garrott »

Hello:

I'm designing a robotic arm on v-rep and y have some questions.
when i move the arm the movement its so fast .how can i set the velocity of joints? i think can use simMoveToObjet or
simMoveToposition to set that. but i dont kwon how y use that.

other question can i graphic the force when suction pad o griper or joint arm hand up an object?

I hope ca you help me with us.

Thanks and have a nice day.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Robotic Arm

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

It depends what kind of robotic arm you have. The procedure is slightly different if the arm is purely kinematic, or if it is dynamic.

The best is for you to follow the BubbleRob tutorial, and maybe also some others.

To display the force of the sucction pad, do following:
  • add the sucction pad model to the scene
  • add a graph to the scene.
  • add a floating view to the scene: [right popup --> Add --> Floating view]
  • Associate the graph with the floating view: select the graph, then on the floating view: [right popup --> View --> Associate view with selected graph]
  • Tell the graph what to record/display: in the graph dialog, click Add new data stream to record. Select Force sensor: force, and suctionPad (i.e. the name of the force sensor you wish to display)
Cheers

garrott

Post by garrott »

Hello:

Thanks for you reply.
In the arm i use the IK like the Ik tutorial. I can move the arm moving the dummy target but i wish can chage the velocity of move.
Thanks for all

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Ok,

then if your IK is already working by simply moving the target dummy around, have a look at the demo scene reflexxesMotionLibraryType4Demo.ttt. Look how the RobotTarget dummy is moved around in the child script attached to object Robot1.

That demo scene uses the Reflexxes motion libraries to generate smooth velocity profiles. Also have a look at the API function simRMLMoveToPosition. Just make sure you call it from a threaded child script.

Cheers