Motor Joint Model

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
jesdefer

Motor Joint Model

Post by jesdefer »

Hi!

I am working from Matlab in order to understand in a better way dinamic control V-REP uses.

I have simulated one scene which contains one joint to study its behavior and obtain a model. I have built a simple planar 2DOF robot and a dinamic model of it in Matlab. (I have asume motor inertia=0, reduction factor=1 and viscosity=0). I have made a simulation comparing my results in V-REP and Matlab. It is like V-REP is not taking in account robot dynamic and only simulates joint model. In simulation only appears joint model response.

I have thought that could be that joint inertia is higher than links inertia, but I have tried for differents inertias and I always only have joint model response.

Thanks!

Jesús.

fferri

Re: Motor Joint Model

Post by fferri »

How are you controlling the joints? Can you show us some code? Why do you say V-REP is not taking into account dynamics?

jesdefer

Post by jesdefer »

I am implementing the next control diagram:

https://mega.nz/#!phVihZYB!Re6ZJWowoEtU ... vBU54gH2Dk

I am only using remote API commands in Matlab to send reference in velocity and recieve joint position from VREP.
I have said V-REP is not taking into account dynamics, because the response doesn't change between implementing only a joint and a joint with a dynamic body on it. It moves in the same way.

Jesús.

fferri

Post by fferri »

Ensure that the joint is in torque/force mode and everything is dynamically enabled.

Are you using the joint's motor? Is the control loop enabled?

jesdefer

Post by jesdefer »

All is correctly enabled, but it is not the problem.

Thanks for your time!

Jesús.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

You provided only a picture of your scene. Maybe your arm is colliding with the floor? Or link elements are colliding with each other?

Cheers