Sick Tim 310

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
luberdis

Sick Tim 310

Post by luberdis »

Hi Coppelia

I try to use the Sick Tim 310. My challenge is first
1)Try to get the data output according to the instructions from V-rep to Matlab with remote Api. I follow all the instructions also in the forum but I get the message
' One of the function's argument type is not correct. (sim.setStringSignal)' .

I write at vrep
data=sim.packFloatTable(measuredData)
sim.setStringSignal("measuredDataAtThisTime",data)

and at Matlab I can't find command vrep.simxunpackFloatTable

Please help me of course I use before command vrep.simxgetStringSignal

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Sick Tim 310

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

when your sensor doesn't detect anything, then measuredData is an empty table, and data will be nil.
Do:

Code: Select all

data=sim.packFloatTable(measuredData)
    if not data then
        data=""
    end
    sim.setStringSignal("measuredDataAtThisTime",data)
On Matlab side, it is simxUnpackFloatTable (case sensitive).

Cheers

luberdis

Post by luberdis »

No appropriate method, property, or field 'simxUnpackFloatTable' for class
'remApi'.

Could you please give me a clear example, I am running out of time.

I tried already command simxUnpackFloats and it doesn t give any output.

Let's go from the beginning.

We have a system like this https://ibb.co/4NtWCWQ

and I want an output of the form of something like this (not exactly like that of course) https://ibb.co/JC2VQkd in matlab. (of course I am expecting an output in a form of table and then I will plot the data by myself)

But I am unable to get any data from this simple system and it is not the first time I use Vrep I have experience with other things I implemented on this.

Now it seems that the instructions on the child script are pointless and even the the commands you suggest don t exist.

It would be useful for all of us to be serious and do ourselves a favor of saving time and give a working example somewhere as a documentation. I believe that it works.

So what is the point to give one line answers or spending more time writing in forum and don 't give instead an example of the simplest case as this one.

The forum is useful when you want to intervene more advanced but it CANNOT REPLACE A PROPER DOCUMENTATION.

It is a pity such a nice tool lacking a proper well organized documentation creating so much burden for both users and Coppelia team the same time.

Kind regards

A creative suggestive comment for improvement :).

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

What a tone for someone who is using the software freely and expecting free support and examples and so on!
Unless you are a paying customer who also gets email support, you are in no position to demand anything.
If a question is within a small scope, and is not linked with an algorithm of any kind, we try our best. But even then, we need to handle many other more important tasks, and expect users to try their best, and also provide minimalistic self-contained scenes that illustrate their problem, instead of expecting us to write examples for them.

Cheers