How to make respondable adjustment?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Mehmet

How to make respondable adjustment?

Post by Mehmet »

Hello,
I have problem about "body is respondable" section!
There are 8 boxes and 2 parts as local and global,
I have been watching videos and checking ready projects in library about this subject,
Some projects use 4 checked 4 unchecked boxes and then 4 unchecked 4 checked, goes on...
Some projects use just 1 box checked, etc...
I really try to understand that what happens if I check any box in local or global section,
Because, I have created a combination randomly in my project, it seems it works,
But when I move it, the joint is broken between two links and that means actually, it doesn't work properly.
I'm waiting your helps...

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How to make respondable adjustment?

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

these settings are important only if your model is dynamically enabled. In that case a shape in your model could collide and respond to collision with another shape, where:
  • that other shape is in the same model as the first shape. In that case the local respondable mask will decide if shapes can penetrate or not. If mask1 and mask2 equals to zero, then the shapes can penetrate each other.
  • that other shape is NOT in the same model as the first shape. In that case the global respondable mask will decide if shapes can penetrate or not. If mask1 and mask2 equals to zero, then the shapes can penetrate each other.
Cheers