Cant load swarm robot ttm model file on latest coppelia simulator version

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Hedgie

Cant load swarm robot ttm model file on latest coppelia simulator version

Post by Hedgie »

Hi,

I'm an electronic tech at Aberdeen University helping a lecturer set up a new robotics course part of which involves simple swarm robots called Kilobots. The Kilobots were designed by Harvard university and some info on them can be found here
https://www.k-team.com/mobile-robotics-products/kilobot
On the downloads option of that page I see vrep ttm scenes and models for the bots but they were written for vrep 3,0 and when I try to load them to the latest Coppelia simulator I get the following error message "This serialisation version is not supported anymore please convert this file"
I googled this and some guy was saying that he happened to have a really old version of vrep on a laptop and he was able to update it from there.
I would really appreciate if someone could suggest how to upgrade these as I am a complete starter with this stuff and also need to keep things relatively simple for the students who will be studying kinematics etc on this course.

Cheers,

Ian

fferri

Re: Cant load swarm robot ttm model file on latest coppelia simulator version

Post by fferri »

Not sure what are the differences, but CoppeliaSim ships with a Kilobot model.

Hedgie

Post by Hedgie »

Thanks fferri

Sorry about that I had just installed the basic simulator which just shows a couple of example models. I installed the educational simulator and created a test scene using some e pucks as well because the lecturer is using them also. I've got some different programs for the kilobots using thier basic c based api so the next stage will be to work out how to program the simulator bots with my different programs. This simulator seems pretty good as it also gives me the kilibot controller (mother ship as I call it) which I can suspend above my group of kilobots.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

..and if some old files need to be converted, you can send them to us and we will convert them to the newest CoppeliaSim version.

Cheers