Dynamics engine doesn't react

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
m_jau

Dynamics engine doesn't react

Post by m_jau »

Hello,

I have problems with the dynamics engine. After a time of 2 hours the engine doesn't react any more. After click on the window of the simulation the engine works again. On the link is a video of the problem. On the end i click on the window and then the engine react again.

https://mega.nz/file/jIkWzaob#MMl2sGxF- ... dW6bPnhsPg

Thank you for help
m_jau

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Dynamics engine doesn't react

Post by coppelia »

Hello m_jau,

that is very strange. Does it also happen with one of the other physics engines? Also, what physics engine are you currently using? (couldn't see it in the video). Additionally, do you see correct color-coded shapes when clicking on the visualize and verify dynamic content toolbar button when the problem occurs? What happens if you have some other dynamically enabled mechanism in the scene (e.g. a very simple up/down lift with a cuboid on top)? Does it also deactivate?

Cheers

m_jau

Post by m_jau »

Yes with other physics engines ist happen also. I use the Bullet 2.83.
I try it and it deactivate the dynamics too. i made a video in the visualize and verify dynamic mode.
https://mega.nz/file/3UtWEIhS#XzsKCanYI ... upxP6yUeXU

cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

That is very strange. The object looks like it is in static mode, until the window is clicked. Does it also happen on a different machine? and/or could you provide a minimalistic, self-contained scene that illustrates this, so that we can reproduce and debug it?

Cheers

m_jau

Post by m_jau »

On a different machine it's work without Problem.
On a minimalistic scene it doesn't happen.

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Could it be that there is a script changing the properties of one or several objects (e.g. the dynamics properties)?

There are typical scripts that track the position/orientation of one or several objects, and if the object hasn't changed pose since quite some time, will switch the object from dynamic to static. Maybe you have something like that acting in your scene?

Cheers

m_jau

Post by m_jau »

In this Scene i doesn't change the properties of the object only the position and orientation.
I try to add to set the dynamic properties every cycle to dynamic, because of this Problem, but it doesn't help.

Normally not because at the begin it set the object and orientation to a position and it ist tangeld to a other obejct. Then i solve it by move the other object. The object move a littlebit of that and then i set it back to the start pose.

So sometimes the Object just move a little bit. How much has the Object to move, that it doesn't change from dynamic to static?

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Objects normally do not change properties from dynamic to static unless there is a script that does it. And in your case that doesn't seem the case, which is really strange. If only I could test this here, that would be much easier to debug...

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Could it be that the problem is linked to the selection state of some objects? e.g. when clicking into the scene, in your last video, you went from one selected object to none. It would help if this was somehow linked to the problem.

Cheers

m_jau

Post by m_jau »

No, the problem comes if a object is selected or none.

We run the simulation on 5 PC's and on all it happens.

Is there a way to sent the simulation per Mail to you? That you can debug the scene.

Cheers