“remoteApi.dylib” cannot be opened

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
carlosbezerra

“remoteApi.dylib” cannot be opened

Post by carlosbezerra »

Hey guys. I'm trying coppeliaSim for the first time on MACOS M1 (Monterey). I'm using the legacy remote API, which I already used on windows. When trying to use the simple communication code " SimpleTest.py" the Mac is blocking the file:

“remoteApi.dylib
” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

Could you help me to run a simple communication on MacOS M1?

sorry for any inconvenience

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: “remoteApi.dylib” cannot be opened

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

check out several solutions listed here. Additionally, I would highly suggest you use the ZeroMQ remote API instead, since it is much easier to use, and offers all the same API functions as from within CoppeliaSim.

Cheers

carlosbezerra

Post by carlosbezerra »

Hello, thank you very much for the solution presented. I managed to solve it in parts.

The .dylib file is now apparently loading. However the remote API does not connect. I put all the files in the current folder, such as .dylib, sim.py, SimCost.py, simpletest.

Also put the txt file (remoteApiConnections.txt) in the Mac folder as I've seen on other forums. Unfortunately the output is:

Code: Select all

Program started
Failed connecting to remote API server
program ended
I would like to use the Legacy API as most of my programs already use this API. On windows I can run smoothly. Now on MAC M1 I'm having these problems. If you know of any solution or person who has gone through this I would like some help. Thanks.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Make sure that the port you specify is available. Maybe try a different port, and in that case, try to open the service via a child script, i.e.:

Code: Select all

function sysCall_init()
    simRemoteApi.start(portNumber)
end
Cheers