Problem implementing iCub on CoppeliaSim

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
diegomaureira

Problem implementing iCub on CoppeliaSim

Post by diegomaureira »

Hello! My name is Diego, I’m developing a project with RLBench (it is built around PyRep and CoppeliaSim). I need to implement the ICub’s arm on CoppeliaSim. I tried to import a model from this repository https://github.com/robotology/icub-mode ... GazeboV2_7 (I will implement iCubGazeboV2_7) but it didn't work. The simulator displays several error messages like those I attached in this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing. Has Anyone an idea about how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Problem implementing iCub on CoppeliaSim

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

when you say it didn't work, was something imported? Can you see something in the scene or the scene hierarchy?
When importing, make sure to specify a correct path in the bottom of the dialog that appears once the URDF file was selected, i.e.: Replace occurences of 'package://' with so that it knows how to nresolve the path to the mesh files. e.g. I cloned the whole icub-models to e:/, and specified e:/icub-models/ in the mentioned dialog field.

Cheers

diegomaureira

Post by diegomaureira »

Hi! thanks for your answer. I cannot see meshes in the scene, an example that what I see is in the "ImportedModel.png" that is in the drive link I attached. I am still trying to import correctly the model but I can't. When you say "make sure to specify a correct path in the bottom of the dialog that appears once the URDF file was selected", What is the bottom of the dialog?. I have the models in /home/diego/icub-models/

diegomaureira

Post by diegomaureira »

I realized that I had a previous version of CoppeliaSim. Now I can see the dialog but the simulator still giving error messages like: "simExtURDF: error: neither mesh file '/home/diego/icub-models/iCub/meshes/simmechanics/sim_sea_2-5_root_link_prt-binary.stl' nor '' do exist" (/home/diego/icub-models/ is that I put in the dialog field). I looked for the file that is not supposed to be there and it is there, so I don't know why the error messages appear.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

I tested on Windows, and things imported fine. On Linux, I also got your problem and this is due to the fact that the URDF file refers to an icub/ folder and not iCub/ folder (notice the capital C). Windows file system is case insensitive. This is different on Linux. So the URDF contains errors in spelling (e.g. replace icub with iCub), or the folder is wrong (e.g. rename it from iCub to icub)

Cheers

diegomaureira

Post by diegomaureira »

I could solve the problem! Many thanks!