One-Degree-Of-Freedom Robotic arm with wire actuation in MujoCo

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
shkibby

One-Degree-Of-Freedom Robotic arm with wire actuation in MujoCo

Post by shkibby »

Hello, I am a new Coppeliasim user and would be grateful if anyone could help with my problem. I am trying to create a simulation of One-Degree-Of-Freedom Robotic arm with impedance control that will be actuated via wire. The wire will be attached to a motor on the top of the arm (bicep) and a motor underneath the arm (tricep) with the middle being wrapped around a pulley (an elbow joint) for atagonistic actuation. The wires will be attached to a spring between the pulley and the motor on both sides. I am intending on implementing the wires with the string or rope feature in the MuJoCo Engine, however I am fairly new to robotic simulations so I am unsure of the steps and code required for the simulation to work as intended. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can clarify and confusion with my question if needed.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: One-Degree-Of-Freedom Robotic arm with wire actuation in MujoCo

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

the more complicated wire situations as you describe (wire wrapped around a pulley) are not currently supported via CoppeliaSim unfortunately. Only point-to-point wires are supported.

Cheers

ZnMnCr

Post by ZnMnCr »

coppelia wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 07:37 Hello,

the more complicated wire situations as you describe (wire wrapped around a pulley) are not currently supported via CoppeliaSim unfortunately. Only point-to-point wires are supported.

Cheers
Does coppelisim support this kind of simulation now?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

wires following a specific path are still not supported, as of CoppeliaSim V4.6

Cheers