Confusion about Ik

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Beiguagua

Confusion about Ik

Post by Beiguagua »

Hello,
I use IK to control IRB4600 to arrive at designated position. The code for the child script of the IRB4600 is copied from the child script of the mechanical arm of the example named ikMovementViaRemoteApi, but when I use c + + to control the IRB4600 to the specified pose, the position of the mechanical arm will reach the specified location, but the rotation will have a slight deviation. For example, IKTarget's orientation as follows, a is 179.98, b is 0.019, g is -175.89, but IkTip's orientation as follows, a is 177.46, b is -4.79, g is -159.24.
Thanks

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Confusion about Ik

Post by coppelia »

It is difficult to guess what is happening from your explanation. Too many variables in-between.
If you can create a minimalistic, self-contained example that illustrates your problem, then this would be best.

Additionally, in 2-3 weeks we will release CoppeliaSim V4.5, which has a visual debugging mechanism included for IK

Cheers

Beiguagua

Re: Confusion about Ik

Post by Beiguagua »

coppelia wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 07:50 It is difficult to guess what is happening from your explanation. Too many variables in-between.
If you can create a minimalistic, self-contained example that illustrates your problem, then this would be best.

Additionally, in 2-3 weeks we will release CoppeliaSim V4.5, which has a visual debugging mechanism included for IK

Cheers
Thanks for your reply. Now I guess the joint of the manipulator is out of the range of motion, but the range of motion is already -400 degrees to +400 degrees, according to my understanding, this range of motion should be sufficient, because it has been more than two turns.
I'm looking forward to V4.5