CoppeliaSim doesn't open any more

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
erdem01

CoppeliaSim doesn't open any more

Post by erdem01 »

I was using CoppeliaSim 4.3.0. After this last release 4.5.1. CoppeliaSim 4.3.0 stopped working. Every time you release a new version this kind of problem occurs. It also happened to me when i was using 4.2.0 version. I installed 4.5.1 version to fix the problem. But it doesn't work too. Maybe not affecting the old versions could fix the problem. I can't open my projects. I am using Windows 10 Pro. I reported this bug to you in 2022 too.

erdem01

Re: CoppeliaSim doesn't open any more

Post by erdem01 »

I downloaded 4.5.1, 4.4.0 and 4.3.0 binary packages. But non of them works now. I can't open my projects. Just need help.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: CoppeliaSim doesn't open any more

Post by coppelia »

Hello,
can you please specify what is not working anymore?

1. The old CoppeliaSim V4.3 doesn't start anymore?
2. The scenes saved in CoppeliaSim V4.5.1 do not open/run in CoppeliaSim V4.3?
3. The scenes saved in CoppeliaSim V4.3 do not open/run in CoppeliaSim V4.5.1?
etc.
Are there error messages? If yes, what are they?

Additionally, if you install a new version of a software on Windows, the old version is automatically uninstalled. This is also stated in the installation messages and warning dialog.

If you want to keep an older CoppeliaSim version still available, then simply copy its folder to a different location before installing a new version. Or install a new version by using the binary and not install packages (option available in the download section). But double-clicking a scene or model file will only open the last installed CoppeliaSim version of course, since installation will register the file types with the application

Cheers