Mac 13inches retina display

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
gianpaolo

Mac 13inches retina display

Post by gianpaolo »

Hi all,

i've downloaded the new version of V-Rep today, the 3.1.0 64bit for mac, and i've found that the model browser and scene hierarchy are not displayed in a correct way. In particular all the icons and texts are very small, and finally the mouse pointer do not point correctly inside the whole window.

It is impossible to work in this situation.
Where is the problem?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Mac 13inches retina display

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

can you send us a screenshot of your problem?
We have successfully tested the last version on Retina display, but it seems there are differences depending on other factors.
The fact that all icons and text are very small (inside of the model browser and scene hierarchy) is normal, and is not of hight priority.

About the mouse pointer problem. Try to adjust the values retinaScaling3X and retinaScaling3Y in file vrep.app/Contents/MacOS/system/usrset.txt to see if that solves your problem. (try values such as 2.0 or 0.5)

Cheers

gianpaolo

Post by gianpaolo »

Ok for the screenshot i've already made it, i've sent it to you.
I've set the retinascaling factors as you mentioned to 2.0 and it works, the mouse pointer now is correctly pointing!

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Thanks a lot. The bug is corrected and the revised version will be available for download within a few hours.

Cheers

robertot1

Post by robertot1 »

Hi
I've a similar problem. My Mac with 13inches retina screen with V-REP Pro Edu version 3.1.3 (rev.2) has a problem.
The text in the scene hierarchy, the model browser and on the scene is very small. I already tried the solution proposed for gianpaolo, but doesn't work.
Is there any other solution?

This is my screen of v-rep
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/390/IHjHLo.png

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

yes, in next V-REP release, Retina displays or high-res displays will be fully supported (the browser and scene hierarchy will by scaled, as well as custom user interfaces and other text.

Cheers

kubark42

Post by kubark42 »

I've also seen this bug, and kind of like it. I wonder if it would be possible for a user to set the font size so that in smaller screens the model browser doesn't take up too much of the available space.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

In next release you will be able to force the usage of small or large fonts via the settings file: system/usrset.txt. In there you can adjust variable highResDisplay.

Cheers