Moving the quadrotor model

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
chathu1

Moving the quadrotor model

Post by chathu1 »

I used the quadrotor model provided in coppeliasim. I wanted to make it fly by rotating the four rotors instead of moving the green circle like it does by default. I completely deleted the default code and tried rotating four rotors to see if it lifts at all. No matter how fast I rotate the rotors it doesn't lift. Any help why that is?

fferri

Re: Moving the quadrotor model

Post by fferri »

The model script (function handlePropeller) is responsible of handling the 4 propeller velocities, managing particles and computing the resulting force/torque.

If you remove the script entirely, no force will move the quadrotor.

You should modify function sysCall_actuation to suit your needs.

chathu1

Post by chathu1 »

I set the dynamic mode of four rotors to force and applied a torque to those 4 revolute joints. Shouldn't the quadrotor move at some point if keep increasing the torque applied to 4 rotors?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

If those joints are dynamically enabled, yes. Is the child mass attached to the joint dynamic or static? Is there a warning sign next to the joint, in the scene hierarchy, or is there a bounding ball?

Edit: I misread your question. CoppeliaSim does't simulate wind/water. You can just mimic the effect of it, e.g. by adding a calculated force/torque to a body, emultating buyoancy or drag.

Cheers

chathu1

Post by chathu1 »

I see. thank you very much