How to create a dynamic simulation

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
andi

How to create a dynamic simulation

Post by andi »

Hey guys,
I'm having a bad time trying to create a dynamic simulation. I have a 6 DoF robot for which i would like to calculate the force/torque at its end-effector applied on an object. Hence, i enable all the links as Dynamic & Respondable. At the same time, i enable the joints as Dynamic Mode with position control. Finally, the robot base, which stands in the 'air', is static. However, when i run the simulation, everything falls down except the base (which i expected since is static).
This is an image of the warnings that i have for the joints telling me that they are not dynamic!!!
Any ideas on how to reach a good dynamic simulation, where everything stays in its place?

fferri

Re: How to create a dynamic simulation

Post by fferri »

Your image is not publicly accessible.

If your robot falls apart it means you have dynamics issues in your robot model.

When the robot is properly configured, like any of the provided robots in the models library, it will not fall apart when simulated dynamically.

For instance, put a ABB IRB140 robot in the simulation and start the simulation: it is dynamically simulated, and it works correctly.

Make sure to also read Designing dynamic simulations.