CoppeliaSim for Surface cleaning

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
CroCr

CoppeliaSim for Surface cleaning

Post by CroCr »

For cleaning purposes, I need to attach a tool to the end-effector. As a result, two objects have made contact with each other. I would like to reduce the friction between only two surfaces so that the contact should be as slippery as possible. Is this kind of simulation possible in CoppeliaSim, if so, do we have a tool for this matter? Initially, I was thinking of attaching a flat surface to the end-effector, but I have concerns about how the surface may react with wall. Currently, I'm using CoppeliaSim 4.5 in Ubuntu 18.04.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: CoppeliaSim for Surface cleaning

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

not sure if I understand exactly what you mean... but why not give the tool a friction of zero?

Cheers

CroCr

Post by CroCr »

coppelia wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 15:14 Hello,

not sure if I understand exactly what you mean... but why not give the tool a friction of zero?

Cheers
In this case, what is the exact parameter I need to change? The tool now is the capsule from Add->Primitive shape. I'm using Bullet now. Do I need to change this "friction": 0.5, to zero?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Select the shape, then in the shape dynamics dialog, click Engine properties and adjust one of following (depending on your engine):
  • bullet/friction
  • ode/friction
  • newton/staticFriction and/or newton/kineticFriction
  • mujoco/friction
Cheers

CroCr

Post by CroCr »

it worked. thank you so much for this invaluable support.