Haptic Data Retrieve

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
prasanna.routray

Haptic Data Retrieve

Post by prasanna.routray »

Hello. I have a Haptic device and I have installed all the support softwares. Now I want to retrieve Haptic tip position from v-rep child script to matlab using simxgetsignal. I want to know where where can I find current position of TIP of Haptic device in child script. I want to know the exact variable where the data stored.

I have attached the URL for Haptic device TIP location

http://public.vrac.iastate.edu/~chardin ... mage_2.jpg

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Haptic Data Retrieve

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you can use simExtCHAI3D_readPosition(deviceIndex).

You can get some code inspiration from following two examples (check the attached child scripts):
  • Models/other/Interface to haptic device.ttm
  • Scenes/hapticRobot.ttt
Cheers

prasanna.routray

Hello

I don't know why my haptic interface is not working. I have connected the haptic device and I have glut file along with CHAI3D plugin in v_rep directory. It's showing something wrong and in RED color window without any message.

Even I tried both way. 1- with model/other/haptic device
2. with Haptic Robot .ttt file

help me to solve this problem......

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

What does the console window say? Is the plugin correctly loaded?

Cheers

prasanna.routray

there is no message on the console window. it has only one button with OK message. I'm using Geomagic Touch phantom device. I'm not sure about the plugin. I have put the plugin that is provided by Coppelia on request. even I have glut file in the directory.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

There are always messages in the console, e.g. to tell which plugin was loaded or to output other type of informations.
On Windows, go to the user settings and uncheck hide console window.

Cheers

prasanna.routray

Now in console window I can see that the CHAI3D plugin is loaded and other plugin also...

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Have you tested your haptic device with any other application, to see if that works fine?

When you execute the demo model, what kind of output can you see in the status bar? Any error message (e.g. initialization failed, etc.)?

Cheers

prasanna.routray

Yes I tried to test the haptic device with 'Geomagic Touch Diagnostic' tool. I tried to get force feedback and tip position in this tool. I'm using windows and v_rep. I have glut32.dll and v_repExtCHAI3D.dll in my v_rep directory. I have calibrated the device also. Now I'm trying to interface the haptic device with v_rep and nothing else. I am attaching the image url of console window and main window with messages...