How do I plot acceleration of joints/links for my robot

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Shinji3000

How do I plot acceleration of joints/links for my robot

Post by Shinji3000 »

I ran the simulation scene and have plotted velocity graphs for each joint. Now I want to plot acceleration for these joints.
I couldnt find Joint:acceleration in "Data stream type".
Please help me how to plot acceleration graph for joint/link.
This is in IK module.

Regards,

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How do I plot acceleration of joints/links for my robot

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

in the graph properties, select the velocity data stream item, then select Derivative instead of Raw in the combobox below.

Cheers

Fery64

Post by Fery64 »

The answer is not clear, I also wanted to do the same, but I do not see the option raw or derivative when I open the Graph properties window !

https://tinypic.host/i/raw.yoyvp

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

the original post is from 6 years ago. CoppeliaSim has greatly improved since then. Now, most things can/should be done programmatically. Some of the old dialogs can be still displayed with following temporary trick (not recommended):

In file usrset.txt, set or add an entry with:

Code: Select all

showOldDlgs=true
You can find the location of usrset.txt by typing sim.getStringParam(sim.stringparam_usersettingsdir)

Much better would be to the things the new way. For that, have a look at the graph page for a quick overview. For transformation of the data, you can either provide already transformed data to sim.setGraphStreamValue, or you can set a transformation type with sim.setGraphStreamTransformation.

Cheers