Conveyor Belt Child Script is not getting the Handle of Proximity Sensor

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
alix

Conveyor Belt Child Script is not getting the Handle of Proximity Sensor

Post by alix »

Hi Everyone,

My conveyer belt script is not getting the handle of the proximity sensor. Following command is being used :

Code: Select all

sensor=sim.getObjectHandle('conveyorBelt_sensor') 
I have rechecked the spellings etc again and again. But still getting this error:
Lua runtime error: [string "CHILD SCRIPT ConveyorBelt#0"]:5: Object does not exist. (sim.getObjectHandle)
Due to this, my whole task is not working as a proximity sensor needs to halt the belt.
My Scene is uploaded here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzv5y919sge3w ... 1.ttt?dl=0

Kindly please take a look at the scene and help me get rid of this problem.
Thanks A lot in advance....

RL_Niryo

Re: Conveyor Belt Child Script is not getting the Handle of Proximity Sensor

Post by RL_Niryo »

The problem seems to come from another script because if I paste your sensor line into the first line of Init(), it's working for the sensor and failing into finding your belt path

alix

Post by alix »

RL_Niryo wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 08:04 The problem seems to come from another script because if I paste your sensor line into the first line of Init(), it's working for the sensor and failing into finding your belt path
But How could i solve it??? I am not getting any idea,

alix

Post by alix »

Even I have tried commenting all the thread switching code lines in the "Jaco" script,
Later even i tried to remove 'Jaco' script at all.... still, the error is the same.

If Coppelia or anyone else can help, I'll be highly thankfulllll......

RL_Niryo

Post by RL_Niryo »

Alix,

I advise you to restart from scratch with only a conveyor belt and a sensor, because I think a setting has been changed unpurposely.

If you have a problem with this basic scene, send it again and I will check out :)

alix

Post by alix »

RL_Niryo wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 10:06 Alix,

I advise you to restart from scratch with only a conveyor belt and a sensor, because I think a setting has been changed unpurposely.

If you have a problem with this basic scene, send it again and I will check out :)
I have used "motionPlanningandGraspingDemo.ttt". What I have found out now is, that if you place a conveyor belt anywhere in that scene, and a proximity sensor, it will generate same error if you try to get its handle in the conveyor belt script. What could be wrong or different in that scene ???

RL_Niryo

Post by RL_Niryo »

alix wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 10:36

I have used "motionPlanningandGraspingDemo.ttt". What I have found out now is, that if you place a conveyor belt anywhere in that scene, and a proximity sensor, it will generate same error if you try to get its handle in the conveyor belt script. What could be wrong or different in that scene ???
Yeah, I already tried that myself, that why I suggested and I still suggest you to recreate everything in a new scene

alix

Post by alix »

RL_Niryo wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 13:28
alix wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 10:36

Yeah, I already tried that myself, that why I suggested and I still suggest you to recreate everything in a new scene

Hi RL_Niryo,

Kindly can you please take a look at this scene and let me know what could be the problem why configs are returning nill. Targets seem to be in range, I am stuck in this problem that's why I edited original scene and faced that proximity sensor handle issue. Here the proximity sensor is fine.
Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8t9zo6w7rwviiau/try-jaco.ttt?dl=0

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Just an idea... could it be that this was overseen?

If you want to access objects in an absolute fashion, simply write the whole name of the object. If it doesn't contain a #, simply append a #, like in this example:

sensor=sim.getObjectHandle('conveyorBelt_sensor#') 
Cheers

alix

Post by alix »

Hi Coppelia,

Thanks for the help. I sorted out the matter by exporting the Jaco as a model from the "MotionPlanningandGrasping" scene. Created a new scene, inserted conveyor belt, and proximity sensor, made it work. After it then added that Jaco exported model. Now it is working fine.