remoteAPI.dll with ARM64

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
RobEng

Re: remoteAPI.dll with ARM64

Post by RobEng »

Thank you for all your help, the linux version didn't work as it produced an .so file, but I was finally successful in compiling the dll for ARM64 on Visual Studio 2019 to work on the HoloLens 2.
So if anybody wants to compile the remoteApi for ARM64, they can just follow the following steps:

1. Open the project in programming/remoteApiBindings/lib/remoteApiSharedLib-64.vcxproj
2. Change the configuration to ARM64 and copy the settings from x64. (Make sure its set on Release and not Debug)
3. In the properties under General, make sure the target name is remoteApi
4. Then make sure under C/C++ in Additional Include Directories the following directories are included ..\..\remoteApi;..\..\include;..\..\common; in my case only common was missing
5. Make sure the target machine under Linker/Advanced is set to MachineARM64(/Machine:ARM64)
6. Define DO_NOT_USE_SHARED_MEMORY for example in extApiPlatform.h

I don't know if this is a problem with compiling it to work in a Unity project for the HoloLens 2, but I found the solution to make it work for me in this forum post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/arm64-l ... st-6449157
7. In the C/C++ preference under Code Generation, Runtime Library needs to be set to Multi-threaded (/MT)

fferri

Re: remoteAPI.dll with ARM64

Post by fferri »

RobEng wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 11:45 6. Define DO_NOT_USE_SHARED_MEMORY for example in extApiPlatform.h
Or define also that in the project settings (C/C++ -> Preprocessor -> Preprocessor definitions).