problem when updating coppeliasim on an project

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
soneca

problem when updating coppeliasim on an project

Post by soneca »

Hello

I have a project running under Ubuntu 18.04 with coppelia 4.0.1 communicating with ROS, and i need to go on Ubuntu 20.04, when I change version of ubuntu, I also update coppelia to 4.3.0 and now when i launch the project, coppelia don't find the ROS module.

by checking in the code i find that we use the sim.openModule function that is now deprecated and I couldn't find if this function is still working and any information on a replacement function.

More over it seems that the modification I tried to do won't save after I restart the simulation

any sugestion ?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: problem when updating coppeliasim on an project

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

sim.openModule should still work. Does it generate an error? Also, does the terminal print something?

Can you try to have the plugin loaded by default, i.e. by renaming it to something like libsimExtXXX.so, and placing it inside of CoppeliaSim's folder?

Cheers

soneca

Post by soneca »

hello

the plugin was already in the folder, and in the child script of the different object, there is a verification that send back an error messages when it don't find the ROS plugin, and i received those messages when I launch the simulation.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

We need to find out why those plugins are not loaded. I can't help without any specific error message. Nothing printed in the Lua commander or in the terminal?

Then, in order to find out if sim.loadModule is broken, please rename your plugin then restart CoppeliaSim and see if it is loaded. If not, what is the terminal message?

Finally, open libLoadErrorCheck.sh and replace $dirname/libcoppeliaSim.so with $dirname/yourPlugin.so, then run that script and show us its output.

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

So I just realized that I probably misunderstood something... I mixed up sim.openModule with sim.loadModule...

Can you post your project (scene and plugin source code)?

Cheers