Coppeliasim not running after first run.

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
shreyas7738

Coppeliasim not running after first run.

Post by shreyas7738 »

I installed coppeliasim v4.3.0 and it worked fine in first run. Afterwards when I closed it and reopened, it game me a message that path not specified.
This happens everytime. To run coppeliasim, I have to uninstall and reinstall it again. It only works on first run. I am attaching the error message here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XWbJDt ... sp=sharing

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Coppeliasim not running after first run.

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

that is strange, never hear of similar situation. Can you confirm that when this happens, there is still the installation folder with all of its content? What happens if you always run as administrator? Also, you can download binaries of CoppeliaSim, without installer. Does that work as intented?

Cheers

erdem01

Post by erdem01 »

That same issue happens to me. It only runs when i install it. I can't run the program after i close the program.

Also there is no content in the installation folder. And there is not a .exe file for clicking. This issue wasn't happening before forcing to uninstall V4.2. I think it is a bad decision to force to use the latest version. If everything works fine. It would be ok. But as you see we can't use the latest version as we were using V4.2.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

So that I understand it correctly: you both are using V4.3, and previously V4.2? You can still use V4.2 if you follow the instructions here. Additionally, V4.3 and later won't deactivate automatically anymore.

There is no automatic uninstall procedure or similar. So if the content of the folder disappears, then this must be a problem with the QSetup installer, which is a completely different problem than the deactivation mentioned above. What happens if you simply download and copy the binaries to a specific folder? (in the download section, you can force download of a specific version, also a binary version, without installer)

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

We probably found the cause of the crash. You will be able to download CoppeliaSim V4.3.rev10 within a few hours from the website. Let me know if that works.

Cheers