fail to convert ttm to URDF model with URDF exporter

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
amaigo

fail to convert ttm to URDF model with URDF exporter

Post by amaigo »

when I tried to convert a .ttm model to a URDF model with URDF exporter, it fails with the log below:

[URDF exporter@addOnScript:error] [string "URDF exporter@addOnScript"]:20: attempt to index a nil value (global 'simURDF')
stack traceback:
[string "URDF exporter@addOnScript"]:20: in function 'action'
[CoppeliaSim:error] External call to simCallScriptFunction failed (action): error in script function.

PS: It can be converted to gltf. The problem seems that the simURDF is not included when compiled.

fferri

Re: fail to convert ttm to URDF model with URDF exporter

Post by fferri »

If simURDF is null, it can be the plugin missing (look in the coppeliaSim folder for a file named libsimExtURDF.so/libsimExtURDF.dylib/simExtURDF.dll) or it can be that the plugin failed to load (have a look at the startup messages when launching coppeliaSim from a terminal).

amaigo

Post by amaigo »

fferri wrote: 17 Aug 2022, 07:51 If simURDF is null, it can be the plugin missing (look in the coppeliaSim folder for a file named libsimExtURDF.so/libsimExtURDF.dylib/simExtURDF.dll) or it can be that the plugin failed to load (have a look at the startup messages when launching coppeliaSim from a terminal).
thank u fferri,
Yes, there is no plugin in the coppeliaSim folder.
I downloaded this software from official website, unzipped the package, and run ./coppeliaSim.sh
I use Ubuntu20.04 x64 and CoppeliaSim 4.3.0.
I copy a libsimExtURDF.so from Ubuntu18.01 CoppeliaSim 4.2.0 and it worked.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Can you confirm that there is no libsimExtURDF.so file in your CoppeliaSim V4.3 package for Ubuntu 20.04? Or is the plugin simply not loading? What does the console say?
Mixing different versions of plugins and CoppeliaSim core is a dangerous game...

Cheers

amaigo

Post by amaigo »

coppelia wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 07:30 Can you confirm that there is no libsimExtURDF.so file in your CoppeliaSim V4.3 package for Ubuntu 20.04? Or is the plugin simply not loading? What does the console say?
Mixing different versions of plugins and CoppeliaSim core is a dangerous game...

Cheers
Yes, I'm sure that there is no libsimExtURDF.so file, and "plugin 'URDF' loading.." is not shown in the console until I make a copy from other versions...