IKP with two tips of an object and two targets in the environment

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
mohammadhosseink

IKP with two tips of an object and two targets in the environment

Post by mohammadhosseink »

Hello,

So IKP can be solved for a tip and a target. I have done one tip and one target IKP by using the example in ikPathGeneration.ttt. I want to do the same but this time I want to solve IKP simultaneously for two tips and two targets. So while simulating, the first tip will go to the first target, and the second tip will go to the second target, and the object's orientation and location will be determined precisely by these two ( which is not possible with the one tip and one target simulation ). I'm asking for a way to do this in a Lua code.
The picture below is to illustrate my intention more delicately. Please not that the object in this picture is a link of a whole 6DOF or 7DOF robot, for which we are trying to solve the IKP.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Jdex4 ... sp=sharing

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: IKP with two tips of an object and two targets in the environment

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

simIK.generatePath is just a convenience function: you can see its source code in lua/simIK.lua: the function basically divides the segment between current tip and target in n interpolated poses, and then iterates over those n poses and solves at the same time, collecting the joint angles in the process.
You can do exactly the same with as many tip-target pairs as needed.

Cheers