No executable file after compiling from source codes

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
andypark

No executable file after compiling from source codes

Post by andypark »

I wanted double precision with dynamics engines so I just finished compiling from source codes. However, I cannot find any executable file in the v_rep folder. How can I run the v-rep that I just complied? It is not clearly documented in the instruction.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: No executable file after compiling from source codes

Post by coppelia »

Hello Andy,

when you compile V-REP, you compile a library (v_rep.dll, libv_rep.so or libv_rep.dylib). So you need to place your library into the V-REP folder and run the executable vrep (or vrep.exe), which is the client that runs V-REP in the end.

If you want to use a physics engine in double precision, you can simply recompile the dynamics plugin in double precision (well, that task is actually not that straight-forward!). Next release will allow you to individually compile a plugin for each engine, and also in single or double precision. If you can wait 1-2 weeks, we can provide you with a beta version if you wish.

Cheers

andypark

Re: No executable file after compiling from source codes

Post by andypark »

coppelia wrote:Hello Andy,

when you compile V-REP, you compile a library (v_rep.dll, libv_rep.so or libv_rep.dylib). So you need to place your library into the V-REP folder and run the executable vrep (or vrep.exe), which is the client that runs V-REP in the end.

If you want to use a physics engine in double precision, you can simply recompile the dynamics plugin in double precision (well, that task is actually not that straight-forward!). Next release will allow you to individually compile a plugin for each engine, and also in single or double precision. If you can wait 1-2 weeks, we can provide you with a beta version if you wish.

Cheers
Thanks a lot for your answer! I see. The beta version sounds great. I would
definitely like to try it out since from my side, dealing with the errors
may take so long. Please keep me updated!

Best,
Andy